The Elma Group closed the first half of 2020 - which was impacted by the economic turmoil connected with the Covid 19 pandemic - with solid results.
- Order income of CHF 79.2 million on a solid level, even if 4.9% below previous year
- Net sales of CHF 68.3 million 6.9% lower than previous year
- EBIT of CHF 0.7 million (previous year: CHF 2.2 million) and net profit of CHF 0.8 million (previous year: CHF 1.7 million)
- Net debt decreased by CHF 1.4 million to CHF 22.6 million as of June 30, 2020
- Equity ratio stable at 42.3% (December 31, 2019: 42.6%)
The first half of 2020 was heavily influenced by the ongoing corona pandemic and affected the global business of the Elma Group. Several customers reduced their capacities during the “lockdown” ordered by the local governments. As a consequence, Elma had to adjust their production capacities and partially introduced short-time work. The Board of Directors and the Group Management reacted promptly and quickly to this unprecedented development with a package of measures to prevent production interruptions over a longer period of time.