- Order income increased by 7% to CHF 159.0 million
- Net sales grew by 3.5% to CHF 151.2 million
- EBIT of CHF 6.4 million (previous year: CHF 7.2 million) and net profit of CHF 5.1 million (previous year: CHF 5.6 million). Difference versus previous year due to expenses for relocation, installation and financing of the new industrial campus in Atlanta USA (CHF 1.1 million) as well as project cost for customized customer projects (CHF 0.3 million)
- Investments for new US industrial campus of CHF 10.8 million
- Net debts increased to CHF 24.0 million due to high investments (previous year: CHF 17.5 million)
- Equity ratio of 42.6% slightly lower (December 31, 2018: 43.8%)
- Four Military & Aerospace Engineering Technology Innovation Awards received
The Elma Group successfully continued its growth strategy in the 2019 business year. After a sluggish trend in the first six months, business improved significantly in the second half of the year; as a result order income and net sales improved again year-on-year. In the US, the Vision 2020 was implemented and a milestone was reached with the purchase of the industrial campus in Atlanta, Georgia. The investments in a modern industrial sheet metal production and the associated additional costs for moving and financing as well as significantly higher expenditure in demanding customer projects in the Europe region were largely responsible for the fact that profitability in 2019 was lower than in the previous year. Both EBIT and net profit closed below the previous year. However, the investments will lead to sustainable strengthening and improved profitability of the Group in the medium term.