Paving the way for open architecture and multivendor interoperability, OpenVPX opens up new definitions for VPX backplanes and systems, enabling a healthy ecosystem of product choices for use in applications requiring mission-critical, high performance computing.
VITA 46 is the base standard that defines VPX. OpenVPX, or VITA 65, includes an entire family of standards; in addition to the base VITA 46.x standards, other related standards include:
- VITA 47.x Environments, Design and Construction, Safety and Quality for Plug-In Units
- VITA 48.x VPX REDI – Ruggedized Enhanced Design Implementation Mechanical specifications
- VITA 49.x VITA Radio Transport Layers
- VITA 62.x Modular Power Supply for VPX
- VITA 65.x OpenVPX System
- VITA 66.x Optical Interconnect on VPX
- VITA 67.x VPX Coaxial Interconnect
- VITA 68.x VPX Compliance Channels
- VITA 78.x Space VPX
As a pioneer and key contributor in the development of VPX and OpenVPX standards, Elma offers a comprehensive portfolio of OpenVPX backplanes, chassis, board products and complete sub-systems designed to meet the latest technology implementations.
Applications that are taking advantage of this very high-performance serial architecture can be found in the following areas:
- Defense & aerospace
- Unmanned vehicles
- Railway transportation
- Scientific research
Elma has created a series of useful information to guide you through the standards and related products.
OpenVPX 101 tutorial for those interested in learning about the standard.
Contact us today to find out how we can help you with your OpenVPX needs.