Elma Electronic UK is looking for the right person to fill the position of a Systems Engineer, responsible for the design and configuration of electrical systems developed within the UK design department.
- Leading or being a member of project teams comprising a mix of mechanical and electrical engineers.
- Electrical / electronic design including backplanes, power supplies and interface controls.
- Design of high-reliability, rugged systems for demanding aerospace and commercial applications.
- Liaising with customers to ensure compliant product design within timescales and on budget.
- Generation of schematics, manufacturing data, bills of materials and specifications.
- Generation of test and compliance documentation (test instructions, compliance matrices and verification documentation).
- Maintaining and recording project data to ensure accurate records of design decisions, selections and changes during the design process.
- Leading or attending design reviews, with both internal and external customers.
- EMC and environmental Testing.
- Ensuring compliance to CE, RoHS and WEEE directives.
- Supporting the Production and Test departments with technical advice.
- Assisting in the enhancement and improvement of the internal engineering processes and procedures.
- Liaising closely with the Sales and Commercial teams to support enquires for customers.
- Working within an ISO9001 / AS9100 quality system.
- Other duties within Engineering team as requested by the Engineering Manager.
Skills and Experience
- Awareness of military standards (DEF STD and MIL STD) for equipment.
- Knowledge of EMC and / or environmental test methods and procedures.
- Knowledge of UKCA / CE, RoHS and WEEE directives (EN60950 / EN62368).
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications.
- Experience of working with CAD Software.
Note: If you are interested in the position, please send your CV and covering letter explaining why your skills and experience match Elma’s requirements for this position to: [email protected] Successful applications will be contacted within 2 weeks of receipt of their application.