We are looking for an experienced Electro-mechanical inspector to join our Quality team. The individual will be competent in the inspection of parts for Electromechanical products using drawings, visual build information such as 3D models, photos, and written inspection check lists. They will report to the Quality manager.
To work closely within the Quality team to perform inspection activities at various stages during and after the manufacturing and test processes.
Key Skills & Experience
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in inspection of electro-mechanical and/or electronic assemblies is essential.
- An understanding and appreciation of electronic enclosure assembly, wiring and termination methodology.
- The ability to reference assembly drawings and other product and process documentation.
- The ability to use inspection and measurement tools, gauges, and equipment
- Good attention to detail
- Have the initiative to work both independently and as part of a team
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Competent in using a computer to email, complete documents in both Word and Excel.
- The ability to communicate effectively with a variety of people within the organisation.
- To be able to request product and assembly related information to assist in the inspection process.
The following represents the core activities of the role
- Inspection of product at In Process Stage and Final Inspection, and identified Goods Received product.
- Inspection of PCB assemblies to IPC-A-610 standards
- Inspection of wiring and termination to IPC-A-620 standards.
- Inspection of mechanical assemblies to the company’s workmanship standards
- Using manufacturing documentation as a reference.
- Accurately recording inspection results in relevant inspection and Quality Assurance documents.
- Use the Company’s computer systems to access details on parts, assemblies, and Quality Assurance information.
- To work as a member of the Quality Assurance team reporting to the QA Manager
- The ability to determine and identify the root cause of a product or process failure.
- To be able to liaise with Engineering dept.to rectify non-conforming product and workmanship.
- To be able to clearly communicate the need for corrective action from Production personnel where defects are identified.
- The ability to work to schedules and delivery timescales will be a vital attribute.
We are looking for an individual with a can-do attitude, who is proactive and enthusiastic with a good work ethic, who wishes to learn new skills and develop and who enjoys the challenges faced in a manufacturing Quality team supplying Military and Aerospace customers
- GCSE Minimum of Grade C and above in English and Mathematics or equivalent
- CQI Diploma level 3 or above is desirable as is an understanding of AS9100 / ISO
- 9001 requirements.
What we offer
- Competitive Salary
- Company pension scheme
- Discretionary company bonus
- 33 days including statutory holidays
- Free parking and easy access from the A421
- Medical cash plan & retail benefits
- Long standing established company
Training and support on Elma processes will be provided. If you are interested in the position, please apply now by sending your CV and covering letter explaining why your skills and experience match Elma’s requirements for this position to [email protected] Successful applications will be contacted within 2 weeks of receipt of their application.