VITA 48.4 Liquid Flow Through Development Chassis
Power hungry OpenVPX modules require a cooling solution guaranteed to keep the mission on course. From the experts in packaging for extreme environments comes the VITA 48.4 LFT test and development chassis.
- Accepts up 6 OpenVPX modules
- Intended for proof of concept testing and development tasks, this self-contained VITA 48.4 LFT platform is designed to accept up to six 6U OpenVPX plug-in modules on a 1” pitch, plus either a built-in power supply or a plug-in VITA 62 power module. A liquid-to-air heat exchanger provides the required fluid for cooling and a flow indicator shows when the fluid is circulating.
- Built-in plug-in VITA 62 power module option
- Built in heat exchanger
- Flow indicator shows fluid is circulating
- Extensible design for adaptation to higher or lower slot counts
- Elma Electronic’s newest OpenVPX development platform is designed to accommodate the testing of boards requiring VITA 48.4 LFT (Liquid Flow-Through) cooling.
- VITA 48.4 establishes the mechanical design interface, outline and mounting requirements for 6U OpenVPX liquid-flow-through cooled plug-in modules within associated sub-racks. While the connector layout remains common with VITA 46, VITA 48.4 standard modules are cooled by liquid flowing through an integral heatsink.
- Circuit boards and electronic components are cooled more effectively as compared to other more traditional cooling methods such as air or conduction cooling alone.
- Quick disconnect coupling assemblies allow fluidic coupling to the chassis manifold.
|Item/Part Number||VITA 48.4|
|Item Description||VITA 48.4 Liquid Flow Through Development Chassis|
|Extended Description||Power hungry OpenVPX modules require a cooling solution guaranteed to keep the mission on course. From the experts in packaging for extreme environments comes the VITA 48.4 LFT test and development chassis.|
|Environment||Extended Temperature, Extended shock & vibration|