Select your region and language
Europe, Middle East, Africa
Elma - Solid results, Growth and Transformation on track, proposal for unchanged Dividend Payment
CH-Wetzikon, February 28, 2023 – The year 2022 was challenging for the Elma Group due to geopolitical and economic uncertainties. Nevertheless, the business transformation towards profitable growth was driven forward with additional customer orders and awards for innovative system solutions. In 2022, the Elma Group again increased both order income and net sales. The challenges in the global supply chains and increasing material and energy prices reduced the company's profit. Elma was still able to close the business year with a solid result and the Board of Directors will propose to the Annual General Meeting the same dividend payment as last year.
- Order income of CHF 167.8 million increased by 4.7% (adjusted for currency effects: 4.5%, previous year: CHF 160.3 million)
- Net sales of CHF 154.7 million grew by 3.6% (adjusted for currency effects: 3.0%, previous year: CHF 149.3 million)
- Significant improvement in profitability in the second half of 2022
- For full year lower EBIT of CHF 4.6 million (previous year: CHF 9.1 million) and net profit of CHF 4.2 million (previous year: CHF 7.5 million)
- Net debts reduced by 3.7 million to CHF 10.6 million (previous year: CHF 14.3 million)
- Equity ratio of 51.7% (December 31, 2021: 51.8%)
- Board of Directors proposes the Annual General Meeting a dividend payment of CHF 2.00 per share (previous year: CHF 2.00 per share)
- Partnerships with technology partners strengthened
Elma Electronic AG
Thomas Herrmann Edwin Wild
CEO Elma Group CFO Elma Group
Tel. +41 44 933 43 04 Tel. +41 44 933 42 45
[email protected] [email protected]
Elma Electronic is a global manufacturer of electronic packaging products for the embedded systems market – from components, backplanes, power supply solutions, storage boards and chassis platforms to fully integrated systems. To ensure our integrated solutions are optimized to our customers’ needs, Elma partners with leading board manufacturers in the industry. Elma also provides enclosure solutions and rotary switches for demanding applications for electronic companies. The company has a broad base of proven standard products which can be tailored to individual applications: Elma offers services from the initial concept to volume production. Elma’s reliable solutions, flexibility, and design expertise are key reasons why the leading companies in the world choose Elma time and again.
This communication contains statements that constitute “forward-looking statements”. In this communication, such forward-looking statements include, without limitation, statements relating to our financial condition, results of operations and business and certain of our strategic plans and objectives. Because these forward-looking statements are subject to risks and uncertainties, actual future results may differ materially from those expressed in or implied by the statements. Many of these risks and uncertainties relate to factors which are beyond Elma’s ability to control or estimate precisely, such as future market conditions, currency fluctuations, the behavior of other market participants, the actions of governmental regulators and other risk factors detailed in Elma’s past and future filings and reports and in past and future filings, press releases, reports and other information posted on Elma Group companies’ websites. Readers are cautioned not to put undue reliance on forward-looking statements, which speak only of the date of this communication. Elma disclaims any intention or obligation to update and revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.