Elma successfully continued its growth strategy in 2019
CH-Wetzikon, February 25, 2020
- Order income increased by 7% to CHF 159.0 million
- Net sales grew by 3.5% to CHF 151.2 million
- EBIT of CHF 6.4 million (previous year: CHF 7.2 million) and net profit of CHF 5.1 million (previous year: CHF 5.6 million). Difference versus previous year due to expenses for relocation, installation and financing of the new industrial campus in Atlanta USA (CHF 1.1 million) as well as project cost for customized customer projects (CHF 0.3 million)
- Investments for new US industrial campus of CHF 10.8 million
- Net debts increased to CHF 24.0 million due to high investments (previous year: CHF 17.5 million)
- Equity ratio of 42.6% slightly lower (December 31, 2018: 43.8%)
- Four Military & Aerospace Engineering Technology Innovation Awards received
The Elma Group successfully continued its growth strategy in the 2019 business year. After a sluggish trend in the first six months, business improved significantly in the second half of the year; as a result order income and net sales improved again year-on-year.
>> Read more
Elma Electronic AG
Fred Ruegg Edwin Wild
CEO Elma Group CFO Elma Group
Tel. +41 44 933 43 04 Tel. +41 44 933 42 45
[email protected] [email protected]
Elma Electronic is a global manufacturer of electronic packaging products for the embedded systems market – from components, backplanes, power supply solutions, storage boards and chassis platforms to fully integrated systems. To ensure our integrated solutions are optimized to our customers’ needs, Elma partners with leading board manufacturers in the industry. Elma also provides enclosure solutions and rotary switches for demanding applications for electronic companies. The company has a broad base of proven standard products which can be tailored to individual applications: Elma offers services from the initial concept to volume production. Elma’s reliable solutions, flexibility, and design expertise are key reasons why the leading companies in the world choose Elma time and again.
This communication contains statements that constitute “forward-looking statements”. In this communication, such forward-looking statements include, without limitation, statements relating to our financial condition, results of operations and business and certain of our strategic plans and objectives. Because these forward-looking statements are subject to risks and uncertainties, actual future results may differ materially from those expressed in or implied by the statements. Many of these risks and uncertainties relate to factors which are beyond Elma’s ability to control or estimate precisely, such as future market conditions, currency fluctuations, the behavior of other market participants, the actions of governmental regulators and other risk factors detailed in Elma’s past and future filings and reports and in past and future filings, press releases, reports and other information posted on Elma Group companies’ websites. Readers are cautioned not to put undue reliance on forward-looking statements, which speak only of the date of this communication. Elma disclaims any intention or obligation to update and revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.