Elma Electronic Inc. is a worldwide manufacturer and supplier of quality enclosures, cabinets, cases, ready-to-run packaging for VME, VXI, PC, CPCI and custom bus structures, switches, knobs, and LEDs.
Elma was founded in 1962 near Zurich, Switzerland. In 1970 Elma became a member of the Sulzer Group, with key locations around the globe. Elma US headquarters in Fremont, California opened in 1985. In 1996 Elma spun off from Sulzer and went public on the Swiss Stock Exchange.
With three branches in the United States and locations in Switzerland and Germany, Elma provides services and products wherever there is an international need. Elma strives to provide products superior in quality, reliability and performance and to consistently present new, innovative designs to the market. Not only is attention focused on the products but also on the technical assistance provided to our valued customers by a qualified team of engineering professionals.
The corporate culture of Elma and the conduct of its employees are characterized by the following values:
- Positive Attitude by demonstrating mutual respect, embracing change and enjoying success.
- Innovation by recognizing opportunities and finding creative solutions.
- Sustainability in the persistent pursuit of corporate goals, ecological and economical use of resources.
- Success orientation by creating win-win situations and employees participating in the success.
- Quality in meeting agreed requirements, continuous education and self-responsibility.
- Reliability in meeting agreements in content and time frame.
Elma is market and customer driven. Its long-term goal is to become a leader in its targeted business segments, primarily in Europe and North America. Therefore, Elma is consistently expanding its comprehensive marketing and service network. Close relationships with customers enables Elma to recognize needs early and to participate in engineering appropriate solutions.